Wanted – Your Extended Warranty
With many of our valued customers purchasing new or pre-owned vehicles we are often asked if it makes sense to purchase the extended car warranty policy. An extended warranty policy can be very confusing. The language can be difficult, and if you don’t understand the subtle wording or exactly what the warranty covers you could be disappointed once you need to use it. Extended warranties have nothing to do with the original manufacturer’s car warranty on your car. An extended warranty is a service contract between the warranty company and you. If you are considering buying an extended warranty for your newly purchased car below are a few tips:
- Be sure you’re dealing with a solid extended warranty company. You want your warranty administrator to be able to pay your claims.
- Know the exact cost of your extended warranty package. If you purchase it through the dealer adding a few dollars to your monthly payment could actually end up costing you substantially more than the original price.
- Check the contract before you buy. Ask to see and review an actual contract. Is the contract easy to read and clearly states what is covered?
- Does it cover bumper-to-bumper, only mechanical repairs, wear and tear or all three aspects of auto repair? And make sure that it covers overheating.
- What is your out-of-pocket deductible?
- Importantly, make sure your warranty allow the repairs to be done at the auto repair shop of your choice and is not restricted to just dealerships.
Mike’s Auto Service works with many extended warranty companies. If you are not quite sure what your extended warranty contract covers, or if you would like to confirm that we are an approved repair shop through your company, we would be happy to review your contract so you are fully prepared when it is time to use it.
If you regarding Extended Warranty service feel free to call Mike’s Auto in Huntington Beach at 714-375-3145 they will do their best to get your questions answered.